Functional Medicine Mastery Course
Starts April 12th!
Starts April 12th!
Watch These Functional Medicine Videos
by Dr. Kurt Woeller!
by Dr. Kurt Woeller!
Become A Functional Medicine Specialist
With The Functional Medicine Mastery Course!
With The Functional Medicine Mastery Course!
We've Jam Packed Everything Into This 16 Module Functional Medicine Mastery Course to Flatten Out The Learning Curve, So You Can Quickly & Successfully Incorporate Your Newly Acquired Knowledge
And Skills Into Your Practice!
Look At Everything You'll Get With The Functional Medicine Mastery Course:
Live, Weekly Webinars
16 Weekly lesson webinars with Drs. Woeller and/or Tranchitella on their specific topic of expertise. Each webinar is presented LIVE, and recorded for later viewing.
Live Q&A Sessions (Including Lab Reviews)
Live Q&A sessions with Drs. Woeller and Tranchitella. These sessions are presented LIVE, recorded for later viewing, and are meant to support the lecture material, but are open to any topic of interest you may be encountering in practice.
24/7 Access To Private Forum
24/7 access to Drs. Woeller and Tranchitella through the members-only Functional Medicine Mastery Course Forum. This forum is used by you to post questions to the doctors.
Brandable Office Documents
Office documents, templates, treatment protocols, patient handouts, etc. Many of these documents are open-access (brandable), which means you can use at your discretion for your own logo placement, etc. to be used within your practice. The course materials are designed to make this process of adding integrative and functional medicine into your practice as turn-key as possible.
Webinar Lesson Slides
Color slides in PDF format for all lectures, as well as printouts that can be used during the webinars for note-taking.
Certificate of Completion and CEU/CME Credits
You will receive a Certificate of Completion for the Functional Medicine Mastery Course after successfully completing both course exams. This course also qualifies for CEU/CME Credits (check with your governing board in your state on CEU/CME requirements and accepted accreditation).
Extended Access to Resources
You will have additional access to all the course materials for one full year after the course for future review.
BONUS - Breakout Lectures
In addition to the live Module Lessons and Q&A webinars there are hours of recorded Bonus “Breakout” Lectures.
Functional Mastery Course Syllabus
MODULE 1: Introduction To Functional Medicine
• What is functional medicine?
• How does functional medicine work with regards to integrative medicine?
• Understanding the core concepts of functional medicine in relationship to various health problems.
• Steps to take to incorporate functional medicine into your practice
MODULE 2: The Clinical Intake/Symptom Survey
• The importance of the clinical intake
• Questions that need to be asked of every patient with regards to underlying health concerns.
• Using the ‘Symptom Survey’ to target areas of health concern for functional medicine testing and intervention.
• Deciphering categories within the ‘Symptom Survey’ for quick clinical assessment
• Bonus Lecture: “A Case of Fatigue”
MODULE 3: Introduction to Functional Medicine Testing (part #1):
• More about basic/introductory functional medicine laboratory tests to use in clinical practice.
• Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) axis testing, aka. adrenal function assessment
• Metabolic Assessment Profile (MAP) and the evaluation for protein digestion, lipid peroxides (oxidative stress) and liver bile acid function.
• Other functional medicine testing such as GI Screen for pathogens (stool testing), leaky gut assessment and food IgG sensitivity testing.
MODULE 4: Introduction to Functional Medicine Testing (part #2):
• More about basic/introductory functional medicine laboratory tests to use in clinical practice.
• Functional medicine testing such as GI Screen for pathogens (stool testing), leaky gut assessment and food IgG sensitivity testing.
• Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) treatment options
MODULE 5: Introduction to Functional Medicine Supplementation:
• What supplements are most helpful for providing foundational support for health.
• Various supplement examples, dosing recommendations, routes of administration, precautions, etc.
•The role of adrenal support supplements
• Omega fatty acids
• B-vitamins and complementary nutrients
• Antioxidants, liver and digestion support
• Bonus lecture: “The Different Types of Magnesium Products”
MODULE 6: Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis Dysfunction, Thyroid and other Hormone Imbalances (part #1):
• A deeper analysis of HPA dysfunction
• How to interpret HPA salivary hormone testing
• Clinical application of HPA testing
• Factors that negatively influence cortisol and DHEA levels.
• How to interpret an adrenal hormone profile
• Cortisol and DHEA markers and reading between the lines for a deeper assessment of an individual’s adrenal problem
• Sex and thyroid hormone imbalance linked to HPA dysfunction.
• Clinical pearls for testing accuracy
MODULE 7: Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis Dysfunction, Thyroid and other Hormone Imbalances (part #2):
Expanded topics from Module #6, including:
• Prescription corticosteroids, e.g. hydrocortisone + Adrenal Max supplement
• Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR) lab profile examples and interpretations, along with clinical correlations.
• Overview of sex hormones
MODULE 8: Digestive System Imbalances and Elimination Problems (part #1):
• A deeper analysis of functional medicine laboratory testing for chronic gastrointestinal (GI) disorders.
• Examining various GI pathogens such as parasites, yeast/candida and bacteria.
• Treatments for certain GI pathogens, including medication and natural remedy options.
MODULE 9: Digestive System Imbalances and Elimination Problems (part #2):
Expanded topics from Module #8, including:
• Common antibiotics for parasitic infections
• Digestive system inflammation, elimination and support supplements
• Intestinal permeability testing
• Various probiotics for digestive system problems
MODULE 10: Blood Chemistry Analysis and Functional Medicine (part #1):
• Which blood tests should be performed on every patient?
• Analyzing a comprehensive blood chemistry profile with regards to nutritional imbalances.
• Clinical correlation of important blood test markers with patient/client health complaints.
• Comprehensive blood sugar imbalance assessment
• Comprehensive thyroid hormone assessment
• Additional focus on Total Cholesterol, Homocysteine and Vitamin D
MODULE 11: Blood Chemistry Analysis and Functional Medicine (part #2):
Expanded topics from Module #10, including:
• The role of low cholesterol in chronic health disorders
• The role of homocysteine and the methylation cycle
• Iron overall, blood chemistry analysis and hemochromatosis
• Vitamin D, tryptophan hydroxylase and their influence on serotonin production
MODULE 12: Diet Intervention and Functional Medicine:
• The role of dietary intervention and nutrition in functional medicine.
• The importance of Food IgG sensitivity testing and various health problems linked to IgG reactivity.
• Overview of Specialty Diets:
√ Food IgG Elimination
√ Gluten Intolerance versus Celiac Disease
√ The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)
√ Gut Associated and Psychology Syndrome Diet (GAPS)
√ Introduction to various small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) diets, e.g. SIBO specific, low FODMAPS.
MODULE 13: Detoxification (digestive, liver-gallbladder), Elimination and Functional Medicine:
• Digestion and liver function and their role in detoxification
• Why implementing digestive system detoxification is so important for overall detoxification support.
• Liver, gallbladder and digestive system detoxification supplements and methods
• Barriers to effective detoxification, e.g. chemicals, mycotoxins
• The role of sweating, infra-red sauna and ION cleanse with regards to detoxification
• Bonus Lecture #1: “ION Cleanse (foot bath)”
• Bonus Lecture #2: “Sauna Therapy”
MODULE 14: Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Functional Medicine:
• What is the role of mitochondria and overall health?
• Why assessing for mitochondria function is important for patients/clients with ongoing chronic health problems.
• What functional medicine tests are available for mitochondrial assessment?
• Endogenous and exogenous toxins that can negatively affect mitochondrial function?
• The role of Organic Acids Test (OAT) in mitochondrial assessment
• Mitochondrial support intervention to enhance clinical outcomes for your patients/clients.
MODULE 15: Advanced Functional Medicine Testing:
• What comes next when your patient still has health complaints.
• Introduction to other functional medicine tests:
√ Organic Acids Test (OAT)
√ Environmental chemicals
√ Heavy metals
√ Mold toxins
√ SIBO testing
√ …and others
MODULE 16: Putting It All Together:
• Steps to take in implementing functional medicine into clinical practice
• Tips and suggestions for effective office procedures
• Do’s and don’ts with lab test results
• Review of functional medicine core concepts with case analysis examples
MEET THE PRESENTERS
Kurt N. Woeller, D.O., a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, is a functional and integrative medicine physician with over two decades of clinical experience in chronic health problems, including autism, autoimmune, gastrointestinal and neurological disorders. His autism practice alone is international and the successful implementation of his four-pillar approach to functional and integrative medicine by people worldwide is well known.Kurt N. Woeller, D.O., Co-Founder of Integrative Medicine Academy
He is The Author of Several Integrative Health Books:
• Autism – The Road To Recovery.
• Methyl-B12 For Autism.
• 7 Facts You Need To Know About Autism.
• Methyl-B12 and Methylation Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
• 5 Things You MUST Do To Treat Your Rheumatoid Arthritis (co-authored with Tracy Tranchitella, N.D.).
Dr. Woeller is an internationally recognized lecturer and educator on functional and integrative medicine having spoken throughout the North America, as well as Asia, Europe, Mexico, United Kingdom and Central America. Since 2015, Dr. Woeller has taught the one-day Organic Acids Test (OAT) seminars from Great Plains Laboratory.
He provides health practitioner education through Integrative Medicine Academy an online resource for educational information on integrative medicine topics. He also runs Autism Recovery System, an online resource for parents of autism-spectrum individuals.
Dr. Woeller has served as a clinical consultant for both BioHealth Laboratory and Great Plains Laboratory, providing patient and physician education regarding functional and integrative medicine through one-on-one training and monthly webinars. He is on the Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Scientific Advisory Panel and is a member of the American Osteopathic Association.
Tracy Tranchitella, N.D., a 1998 graduate of Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, is a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine and a functional and integrative medicine physician with an emphasis in autoimmune disorders, small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), inflammatory bowel disease and other chronic digestive problems.Tracy Tranchitella, N.D., Co-Founder of Integrative Medicine Academy
She also provides health consultations for patients and doctors related to functional medicine approaches for cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), thyroid and hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) dysfunction.
Dr. Tranchitella also works as a clinical consultant for ZRT Laboratory, and previously (for 10 years) was a lab advisor for BioHealth Laboratory providing doctors and allied health professionals laboratory interpretation and clinical troubleshooting consultations on various integrative medicine lab tests.
She is an author, educator and co-founder of Integrative Medicine Academy, an online resource for health professionals seeking educational information regarding integrative medicine.
You've Got Questions? We've Got Answers...
Q.What is the Functional Medicine Mastery Course?
A.The Functional Medicine Mastery Course is a 16 module, intensive, online course presented by Drs. Kurt Woeller and Tracy Tranchitella on common, but often overlooked and mistreated, health disorders. The doctor’s approach various health conditions, e.g. allergies, autoimmunity, fatigue, gastrointestinal disorders from a functional medicine standpoint. They clinically correlate underlying imbalances to various diagnostic tests such as GI Screening, hormone testing, as well as Great Plains Laboratory’s Organic Acids Test, Food IgG and chemical toxicity profiles. This course is designed to provide each practitioner the fundamentals of functional medicine and is clinically practical for any level health practitioner. It is also available to non-practitioners who are interested in learning more about functional medicine and wellness pursuits.
Q.Who is This Course For?
A.The Functional Medicine Mastery Course is specifically designed for health practitioners. The lecture material and support documentation are geared towards professionals with a background in health sciences, but the course is open for the layperson as well who is interested in learning more about functional medicine and wellness pursuits.
Q.Do I Have to Have Some Other Type of Functional Medicine Training Before I Can Participate?
A.No. You do not need to have prior training in functional medicine prior to participating in the Functional Medicine Mastery Course. You will find that this course provides a good overview of this topic.
Q.Can People Outside The United States Participate in This Course?
A.Yes, but the course will be taught in English. This course is available worldwide, so long as you have access to a computer, reliable internet connection, and a good understanding of the English language.
Q.Do I Have to Have a License to Practice Functional Medicine?
A.Yes. You need a medical license to practice medicine. However, providing integrative health and nutritional consultations is available through other types of licenses and certifications depending on your particular state or country of residence.
Q.Will There be Tests and/or Examinations Required For This Course?
A.Yes. This course will offer exams for those seeking a certificate of completion of the Functional Medicine Mastery Course. Anyone can participate in the course and learn the material without taking the exams, but they will not receive this certificate without taking and passing the examinations. There are 4 exams and to receive the certificate, an 80% cumulative score from all exams must be obtained.
Q.Are Continuing Medical Education (CME) or Continuing Education Units (CEU) Credits Available For This Course?
A.Yes. Those who complete this course will receive CEU/CME credits (issued upon their request). It is the responsibility of the student to check with their licensing agency in their state, country or province on CEU/CME requirements and accepted accreditation.
Q.Will I Have Access To The Doctors if I Have Questions?
A.Yes! The doctors are available for questions through the live Q&A sessions, as well as via the Private Forum. You can post questions to the general forum or privately to the doctors. They monitor the forum frequently and respond to questions in a very timely fashion.
Q.What Will I be Able To Do Once I Have Completed The Functional Medicine Mastery Course?
A.This course will provide you with foundational information about functional medicine testing including the Organic Acids Test (OAT) from Great Plains Laboratory. After this course, you will be well prepared for more in-depth course material linked to environmental toxicity (chemicals, heavy metals, mold), small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and advanced studies in Organic Acids Testing. Also, by the end of this course you will have practical skills in being able to assess a comprehensive blood chemistry profile from a functional and nutritional medicine standpoint. In addition, practical information regarding various therapies, treatment protocols, troubleshooting cases, and much more will be provided. As a health care practitioner, you will be able to take this information and apply it in your practice with patients and clients immediately.
Q.When do The Weekly Webinars Take Place?
A.The weekly Lesson webinars will primarily take place at 4:30 pm (Pacific Time), unless otherwise indicated on the course schedule. Please see the Schedule for exact days and times. Dates and times may be subject to change.
Q.When do The Q&A Sessions Take Place?
A.The Live Q&A sessions with Dr. Woeller will take place after modules 4, 8, 12, and 16. Please see the Schedule for exact days and times. Dates and times may be subject to change.
Q.What Happens if I Miss or Cannot Make The Scheduled Live Webinars or Q&A Sessions?
A.Each webinar and Q&A session will be recorded and posted on the site within a few hours. Therefore, you will never be without that week’s recorded information.
Q.Do You Provide Lecture Material & Other Patient/Client Forms That Can Be Used in Practices??
A.Yes. Lecture slides, course material, including office form templates, program examples, etc. are offered through this course.
Q.How Can I Incorporate This Material Into My Practice?
A.The benefit of this course is your improved knowledge regarding functional medicine. This will immediately make it easier for you to identify those patients or clients who may benefit from this type of approach, and also allow you to assess their needs more efficiently. The course material provided will also help you streamline office systems for laboratory testing, interpretation and treatment protocols.
Q.What is The Tuition for The Functional Medicine Mastery Course?
A.Tuition for the entire 16 module program is $3,970. There is also a greatly reduced “Early Bird” rate.
Q.What Forms of Payment Are Available?
A.We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express, as well as Paypal. No cash or checks are accepted. Payment is made through PayPal, but you do not need a PayPal account to use Paypal. You may use your credit card.
Get This Free Special Report!
Why Wait? Sign Up Now! Limited Space Available.
Full 100% Money Back Guarantee...
No Hassle, Money Back Guarantee
We are so sure you will love this Integrative Medicine Academy training course, that we will give you your money back if you don’t agree it was well worth the cost. Drs. Woeller and Tranchitella are dynamic and inspirational speakers & teachers, and are gifted with the ability to breakdown complex concepts and put them into easy-to-understand pieces. We are so confident that you will enjoy this training course, that we offer a No Hassles, No Problems, Money Back Guarantee. Basically, if you don’t like it, we don’t want your money! Enroll in the program. After the first module, if you’re not completely satisfied by what you’ve received, simply send us an email within 7 days after the delivery of Module 1, and we’ll give you a full refund on the course.